Information, Agents, and Properties For Sale in West Covina,CA
The City of West Covina was incorporated in 1923 to prevent the City of Covina from establishing a sewage farm within the current city boundaries. The 507 residents of the area banded together to maintain local control of their land. Walnut and orange groves continued to flourish during the following decades.
The City of West Covina began the second-half of the 20th century with exciting new developments and projects. The City Hall and Police facility were built in 1969 as an example of a Joint Powers Authority in the County of Los Angeles. The Civic Center Joint Powers Authority, consisting of the County of Los Angeles and the City of West Covina, also completed a three-level parking structure in the Civic Center complex. The Civic Center complex includes the Los Angeles County Regional Library, the West Covina Courthouse (formerly Citrus Municipal Court) and the City Hall offices.